Sep 8, 2016

A Small History Lesson

Hello world!

There's not much to tell on when this project will continue.  I'm working as hard as I can to get this project back on track.  In the meantime, I thought it would be kinda fun to show off a bit of the history of this project.

In many ways, this project is new.  But this isn't the first version of this game to appear.  There have been many different versions, taking many forms.  The original prototype was 2D, like it is now.  However, I felt the need to expand my programming skills, and try to make a game in 3D.  I still have an old video of the first version, which you can find here:

Video

In spite of these changes, the idea to follow the fallen ancestral trees has always stuck.  Yet I still couldn't decide on who.  First, it was to be Ano (charge flame), then I added Ilo (stomp), and the two just somehow grew together.

Next, three more came on board, Reem, Fil, and Nir (bash, wall jump, and charge jump respectively).  I soon built these characters as much as I could, and I fell in love with them all.  But, as you may know, these are not the current characters anymore.  Things have changed, and I had to put these characters aside.

It was hard to put these characters away, but as the new characters start to come alive, I am excited to see what they bring to the table.

That's all for now, but I hope to come back at you with the continuation of this project.  Hope you have a great day!

-- Will

No comments:

Post a Comment